- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups lightly packed thinly sliced Swiss chard leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
How to Make It
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Add lentils and broth; bring to a boil. Simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
- Add chard, salt, and pepper into soup; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.