- Yield: 6 to 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into 1-cm-thick slices
- 125 ml sugar
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large egg
- 2.5 ml salt
- 260 g Basic Muesli, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 ml milk
- 2.5 ml ground cinnamon
- 5 ml baking powder
- Honey and yoghurt, for serving
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Place the apple slices onto the base of a well-greased 18 cm cake tin.
- Cream the sugar, oil and egg together until light and fluffy. Do not over mix.
- Add the salt, muesli, milk, cinnamon and baking powder, and gently fold together.
- Spoon carefully on top of the apple slices and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin before turning out and sprinkling extra muesli on top.
- Serve at room temperature with honey and yoghurt.