Together, this spicy home popped corn and refreshing lemon soda are the ideal combination of sweet, salty and spicy and the perfect provisions for a night in watching movies.
- 1 tablespoon popcorn kernels
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala (to make your own, mix a pinch each of garam masala, ground cumin, ground fennel seeds, ground ginger, black pepper and paprika)
- 2 cups (500 ml) naturally sparkling water
- ½ freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon xylitol or stevia
- ice, to serve
How to Make It
- For the masala popcorn put the popcorn kernels in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and place the lid on top. As soon as you hear the corn start to pop, turn the heat down to low. Remove when all corn has popped – about 45–60 seconds. Toss the freshly popped corn with the salt and chaat masala and place in a big bowl. You have full permission to eat the entire serving yourself!
- For the fizzy lemonade put some ice in a large glass and pour in the sparkling water and lemon juice. Add the sweetener and stir well.