These meatballs are moist and succulent thanks to the added vegetables. The lentil pasta makes this a very substantial dish for a family.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 lb 12 oz (800 g) minced/ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ½ courgette/zucchini, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons (50 g) ground flaxseeds/linseeds
- 14-oz (1 x 400-g) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (ideally one without added sugar)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 vegetable stock cube or 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste
- 9 oz (250 g) lentil pasta
How to Make It
- n a bowl, mix together the beef, eggs, courgette/zucchini, carrot, salt, oregano and flaxseeds/linseeds. Form into meatballs about the size of large golf balls (this can get a little messy so I wear catering gloves).
- Put the tomatoes, barbecue sauce, coconut aminos or tamari, stock cube or paste and 400 ml/1⅔ cups water into the multi-cooker. Add the meatballs and push them under the sauce.
- Secure the lid in place and set the Meat button for 12 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the NPR method. Remove the meatballs and cover to keep warm.
- Add the pasta to the pot. Secure the lid and cook on Manual or High Pressure for 2 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the QPR method and serve the pasta and meatballs together.