This recipe is just dying to prove to you that cabbage is not bland! It’s spicy, flavorful, and a little sassy.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 medium head of cabbage, chopped into thin strips
- 18-oz can tomato sauce
- 14-oz can green chilies, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp oregano or marjoram
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked or canned
- black beans
- baked corn tortilla chips
How to Make It
- Line a medium saucepan with water and cook onion and garlic over high heat until translucent.
- Add cabbage, tomato sauce, chilies, tomato paste, and spices.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in corn until evenly distributed.
- Taste, adjusting spices as needed. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix in black beans before serving.
- Break corn tortilla chips into small pieces in your hand and sprinkle over top before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.