- Yield: 3 dozen
- Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick plus 2 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups grated Cotija cheese (7 oz)
- 2 cups corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. Using your fingertips, blend in the cubed butter until pea-size pieces form.
- Stir in the cheese, corn, cilantro, lime zest and heavy cream just until a soft dough forms. Spoon heaping 2-tablespoon mounds of dough onto the prepared sheets about 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits for 30 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly before serving.