When made with almond milk, this porridge is both gluten-free and dairy-free. In Poland, millet groats are known as kasza jaglana and they are quite widely used. This is a wonderful breakfast served with a drizzle of wild or home-infused honey or a spoonful of Quick blueberry compote.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 3½ oz ½ cup (100 g) millet (kasza jaglana)
- 9 fl oz 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk, plus extra if needed
- 2 tsp honey, plus extra to serve
- Rinse the millet until the water runs clear, then drain in a sieve.
- Tip the millet into a saucepan and pour over the almond milk. Bring to the boil, then add the honey. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes. If the millet looks too dry at any point, pour in a little extra milk. You may also want to add a little extra milk before serving.
- Serve the millet porridge divided between two bowls and drizzle each with honey, or serve with blueberry compote.