- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 7 oz (200 g) mixed salad greens
- 9 oz (250 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 5½ oz (150 g) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5½ oz (150 g) oyster mushrooms, torn
For the Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the pine nuts, and cook, turning, until just browned. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the onions and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a roasting pan and toss to coat. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil with the garlic in the nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the bread and cook, turning frequently, for 5 minutes, or until brown and crisp. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Divide the salad greens among 4 serving plates and add the roasted onions. To make the dressing, whisk the garlic, vinegar, and oil together in a small bowl. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with pepper. Drizzle over the salad and onions.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet, add the cremini and shiitake mushrooms, and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the oyster mushrooms and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes. Divide the hot mushroom mixture among the 4 plates. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and croutons and serve.