Mole sauce isn’t just for dinner or lunch, it also makes a delicious dessert. Leave the ice cream out of the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get the right consistency for swirling.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 whole chile ancho, rinsed, seeded and deveined
- 4 ounces piloncillo
- 1 clove
- ½ teaspoon canela, ground
- 4 ounces chunked Mexican chocolate
- 1 ounce toasted almond slivers
- 16 ounces vanilla bean ice cream
How to Make It
- Bring 8 ounces of water to a simmer in a saucepan and cook ancho chiles for 5 minutes until soft. Transfer chile and some liquid from the saucepan into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed.
- In a separate pan, mix chile from the food processor, piloncillo, cinnamon, clove and chocolate and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove clove before serving.
- Allow ice cream to soften, then swirl in mole sauce and almonds.