I’m going to be honest here: I prefer to cook this (and in fact any simmered dish) on the hob, but Kaye insisted that she wanted another slow cooker recipe. Well, of course, she got her wish. This book is an ode to you, Disaster Chef.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 plump, bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp each ground cinnamon, cumin, ginger and coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 16 fl oz (500 ml) chicken stock, made with 2 cubes
- 20 good-quality marinated green olives
- 2 preserved lemons, chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped
How to Make It
- Put the chicken, onions, garlic, and spices into a slow cooker and pour over the stock. Give it all a good stir.
- Cook on the low setting for 5 hours, stirring halfway through if you can.
- Stir in the olives, preserved lemons, and coriander for the last 5 minutes. Serve with harissa sauce.