Quick and simple, this delicious salad is full of fiber, low in fat, and makes a satisfying midweek meal. To add a little more color, fry a few chopped peppers along with the zucchini.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1½ cups couscous
- hot vegetable stock, to cover
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- good pinch of paprika
- 2 lemons juice
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- handful of olives, pitted and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over just enough hot vegetable stock to cover. Seal with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes, or until the couscous has absorbed all the water, then fluff the grains up lightly with a fork.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook the zucchini until golden. Add to the couscous, paprika, lemon juice, parsley, and olives.
- Season well and stir to combine. Serve immediately, or allow to cool.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.