If you are on a yogic diet , this salad is good to have with fresh pressed juices. It is very cooling and best eaten in summer, even though there is no harm in eating it in winter.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 5 Tbs green gram dhal (skinned & split)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 Tbs coconut, grated
- 1 Tbs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
How to Make It
- Wash the green gram dhal in water, then cover with fresh water and leave to stand for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Wash, peel and finely chop the cucumber.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil over a low heat in a small pan. Add the black mustard seeds, and when they start to splutter add the asafetida. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Into a serving bowl' put the green gram dhal, cucumber, coconut, coriander leaves and salt to taste, and mix well.
- Pour the seasoning over the salad, add the lime juice and toss well. Serve immediately.