This decadent pie is a combination of two Southern favorites—buttermilk pie and pecan pie.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- ½ (14.1-oz) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll piecrust into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Whisk together eggs and next 6 ingredients until thoroughly blended. Stir in pecans and coconut. Pour mixture into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 50 minutes or until pie is set. Cool on a wire rack 2 hours or until completely cool.