- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups (400 g) assorted nuts (pecans, walnuts, cashews, almonds)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
How to Make It
- Mix the cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet or other large skillet over medium heat.
- Add nuts and toast until slightly browned, being careful not to burn.
- Add butter and vanilla to coat nuts, then sprinkle spice mixture over nuts and stir until well combined.
- Spread nuts out on large cookie sheet to dry, or serve warm right out of the pan.