This vegetarian recipe calls for just a handful of simple ingredients. These spinach balls cover all the necessary food groups, and they’re perfect as a complete morning or afternoon snack or as nibbles to serve guests when they drop around for drinks. For a little variety, make them with kale instead of spinach and replace the Parmesan with any mature cheese. Serve them with a garlic- and onion-free mayonnaise, if you like.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4.2 ounces (120 g) spinach
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (75 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup (115 g) gluten-free day-old breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). Place the spinach in a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped. Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and pulse again until well combined.
- Form the spinach mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool, refrigerate, and eat cold. Store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or freeze for 2 to 3 months.