- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 lb 4 oz mussels
- 1 packet (1 lb 2 oz) spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 9 oz ripe tomatoes, ready to use
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
- Clean the mussels: remove any with broken or open shells, then scrape the rest to remove any threads and traces of shell.
- Wash the mussels in a large quantity of water to rid them of sand. Finally, plunge them into a basin of cold water and ruthlessly eliminate any that float.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large cauldron of boiling salted water according to box or package directions, drain, and rinse so it doesn’t stick together. Set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a second cauldron over low heat.
- Peel the garlic, cut it into pieces, and throw them into the cauldron with the mussels, ½ cup water, and the fish bouillon cube. Bring to a simmer for five minutes.
- Ruthlessly eliminate any mussels that aren’t open. Strain and reserve the juices and remove the mussels from their shells.
- Rinse the tomatoes and dice them finely.
- Return the cooking juices to the cauldron, add the tomatoes, mussels, and spaghetti, season with salt and pepper, and heat through for 2 minutes before serving steaming hot sprinkled with the freshly chopped parsley.