These peanut butter-packed cookies taste really good,. Healthful quinoa is used in its flake and flour form here too, making these treats doubly virtuous.
- Yield: 24
- 1¾ cup (420 g) smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup (75 g) xylitol or other sugar substitute
- ¾ cup (140 ml) agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (45 g) quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- baking sheet lined with baking parchment
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) Gas 4.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the ingredients are all combined, bring the mixture together in your hands then roll into 21½-cm/1-inch balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Using your thumb, press down each ball so it is slightly flattened out.
- You can use your fingers for this which is great for getting children involved too.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes, until the cookies are golden, and serve warm. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.