The delicious cashew cream goes well with many things besides this unique take on persimmon pudding.
- Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
For the Cashew Cream
- 2⁄3 cup cashews
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup or 1 date (medjool date is best)
- Drop of vanilla extract
For the Pudding
- 4–6 ripe persimmons
- Pinch of ground chipotle powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
How to Make It
- Soak the cashews overnight in cold water. Drain just before using them.
- Place the cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup or date, vanilla extract, and ½ cup water into a blender. Purée on the highest setting for 3–5 minutes.
- To make the pudding, remove the stems from the persimmons and cut the fruit into large cubes. Sprinkle the chipotle powder or cayenne pepper and the sesame seeds over the persimmon. Enjoy immediately. Serve the cashew cream on the side.