- Yield: 2 cups (240 g)
- One 8-oz [230-g] block of extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup [120 ml] diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup [80 g] mayonnaise, plus more as needed
- ½ shallot, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- Using a box grater or the shredding attachment of your food processor, shred the cheese. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cheese with the pimientos, mayonnaise, shallot, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- If you need to add a bit more mayo to get the dip to come together, add more, 1 Tbsp at a time, until the consistency is to your liking.
- This is best when refrigerated for at least 1 hour prior to serving, to allow the flavors to meld. It will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.