This simple dish is very versatile, because the polenta can have cheese added to it and be baked or it can be topped with sauces.
- Yield: 6 portions (½ cup/portion)
- 1 cup Polenta
- 3 cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Butter, salted
- Salt, to taste
How to Make It
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add the polenta to the water, slowly stirring the whole time, until all of the polenta is added.
- Cook over high heat until the mixture thickens to a pudding-like consistency. Immediately reduce the heat to a very low flame and continue to cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently until polenta becomes crusted on pan and pulls away from this crust.
- Add butter to polenta, and season with salt to taste. At this point, polenta can be used as is or cooled and cut after cooling.