- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 3 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 jalapeños
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast, trimmed and cut into 6 large pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
How to Make It
- In the Instant Pot, combine the tomatillos, tomato, garlic, jalapeños, and poblanos. Place the meat on top of the vegetables. Season the meat with the cumin and salt to taste.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and set the pot at high pressure for 30 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed until the pressure has released.
- Using tongs, carefully transfer the pork to a platter (the meat is falling apart at this stage, so you have to be a little careful).
- Add the cilantro and fish sauce to the pot. Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetables directly in the pot until there are no big chunks left.
- Return the pork to the pot and stir gently to coat with the sauce.