This can be made in a single dish (that holds up to 6 cups) or in six individual vessels: small bowls, ramekins, casuelas, coffee cups…just make sure that they each hold 1 cup of liquid.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 sheet of gelatin
- 4¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pint berries of choice, or 3 nectarines, pitted and sliced
How to Make It
Bloom the Gelatin
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice, and gelatin. Set aside. Make the Posset
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula to ensure that the cream does not scorch. Decrease the heat to medium-low to prevent the cream from boiling over and continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat and add the gelatin mixture. Stir well and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Pour the mixture into your serving dish(es) of choice. Chill in the fridge, covered, overnight. Add the fruit and Serve
- Spoon the berries over the serving dish(es) and serve. Store leftover posset in the fridge for up to 3 days.