This is an easy but delicious way to create a memorable dessert. Make creamy and old-fashioned rice pudding easily and quickly using your pressure pot. This recipe is the best type of comfort food the type that is easy to make.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 1½ cups of filtered water
- ¼ tsp of kosher salt
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup of golden or regular raisins
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract, pure
How to Make It
- Combine the rice, salt and water in pressure pot. Lock lid. Choose High pressure, then three minutes of cook time. When the timer beeps, turn off. Use natural release of pressure for 10 minutes. After that time, use a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Add 1½ cups of milk and granulated sugar to the rice. Stir and mix well.
- Whisk vanilla, eggs and other ½ cup of milk in small sized bowl. Pour through fine strainer into the pressure pot.
- Choose Sauté. Stir constantly while cooking, till mixture begins boiling. Turn pressure cooker off. Add raisins and stir.
- The pudding will be thickening as it cools. You can serve the dish warm or chill in serving dishes.
- Top with whipped cream and a little sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon. Serve.