- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Working carefully, cut prosciutto pieces in half lengthwise, so each piece is about 1–2 inches (2–4 cm) wide and 3–4 inches (8–10 cm) long.
- Cut asparagus spears to an even length (I like to make mine about 4 inches (10 cm) long, reserving the ends for use in other recipes).
- Wrap 3 spears together in 1 piece of prosciutto, and place on large sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is somewhat softened.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, heat balsamic and garlic over medium heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat and let simmer, reducing vinegar until syrupy, being careful not to burn.
- Discard the garlic, and drizzle syrup over asparagus spears. Serve immediately.