Because Focaccia Comes in all different sizes, its hard to specify a size, so just use enough for four sandwiches according to your appetite. Al mattone refers to a brick, which is used to press down the panini as they grill.
- Yield: 4 Panini
- 4 squares focaccia, sliced in half horizontally
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 roasted red peppers, halved
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
How to Make It
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill.
- Brush all sides of each focaccia slice with olive oil. On the bottom portion of each sandwich, place 2 slices of cheese, then a pepper half, then 2 slices of prosciutto. Top with the remaining focaccia slices. Place the panini on a baking sheet to take out to the grill.
- Place each panino on the grill rack and weight with a foil-wrapped brick. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it has good grill marks and the cheese has melted. Slice each panino in half and serve hot.