With just three simple ingredients, this supertasty snack is a great late afternoon treat. Serve it to your family and friends and before you know it, they’ll all be gone . . . and that’s a good thing!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound (455 g) fresh asparagus
- 4 ounces (115 g) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) ghee or grass-fed butter
How to Make It
- Cut the bottom 2 inches (5 cm) off the asparagus. Then cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise and individually wrap each piece around an asparagus spear.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the ghee. Add the wrapped asparagus and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until the prosciutto is crispy. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes so the asparagus can steam.
- Alternatively, you can roast them at 450°F (230°C, or gas mark 8) on a baking sheet. After you’ve wrapped the asparagus with prosciutto, brush them with melted ghee/butter, bake for 5 minutes on one side, flip, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.