These savory treats are perfectly sweetened. With a whole cup of pumpkin in the mix, this snack is full of fiber to keep you full, as well as vitamin A and iron to help keep your immune system strong.
- Yield: 12 bars
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin purée
- ½ cup (130 g) almond butter
- 1/3 cup (64 g) coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Handful of walnuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). Grease an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20-cm) baking dish.
- In a large bowl (or food processor), mix together the pumpkin purée, almond butter, palm sugar, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes and then eat as is or top with chopped walnuts.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.