- Yield: 10 to 12 popovers
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or other non-GMO vegetable oil, plus extra to brush the pan
- ¾ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup purple corn flour (June uses Suntava brand)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
How to Make It
- In a large bowl or blender, combine all the ingredients until well mixed. Let the batter sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to set up.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Brush the wells of a Lodge cast iron muffin pan with oil. Once the batter has set up, place the pan in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Reblend the batter, then pour into the muffin pan, filling each well three-quarters full. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325°, and continue to bake until the popovers are lightly browned at the edges, about another 20 minutes. They should be springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, and carefully lift out the popovers. Serve immediately while you finish baking up the rest of the batter (remember to reheat the oven and muffin pan to 400° before baking).