I love repurposing dressing mixes when I’m cooking. Ranch is one of my favorites to play around with because it adds loads of flavor without my having to combine a bunch of different spices. Plus, when it’s paired with bacon, it makes even the simplest recipes irresistible.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Hours
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups quartered red or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and top with the potatoes and green beans.
- Top with the ranch dressing mix, bacon, butter, and broth.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Serve.