- Yield: 6 Servings 1/6 of recipe per serving
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-½ pounds well-trimmed boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
How to Make It
- Preheat the broiler. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well and set aside 2 teaspoons. Rub the remaining mixture evenly over the entire steak and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the steak 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare to medium, or until desired doneness, turning once during the broiling.
- Meanwhile, make the Cowboy Caviar. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, including the reserved seasoning mixture; mix well.
- Let steak rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing beef across the grain. Serve topped with the Cowboy Caviar.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.