You can pour the batter directly into the insert, pour it into a cake pan or baking dish that fits inside, or even pour it into cupcake liners. And these soft and scrumptious Red Velvet Cupcakes couldn’t be easier just add pudding mix to your favorite boxed cake mix brand.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1¼ cups 2% milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- Combine all prep day ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the cupcake batter. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze.
- Allow the batter to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, place 12 paper cupcake liners in your slow cooker and divide the batter evenly among them. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3½ hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool for up to 30 minutes before topping them with the cream cheese frosting.