- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- 5–6 medium beets
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
How to Make It
- Trim off beet greens and scrub beets thoroughly.
- Place steam rack inside Instant Pot. Place cleaned beets on rack.
- Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot. Secure lid.
- Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. Use quick-release method to release steam.
- Let beets cool. Remove outer skins.
- Slice beets into ½-inch cubes, placing them in a sealable container along with cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, 1 cup water, and sugar together until sugar has dissolved. Pour over beets. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Will keep about two weeks when refrigerated.