- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 fairly large courgette/zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium aubergine/eggplant, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red (bell) pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow (bell) pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange (bell) pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 14 oz (400 g) cherry tomatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- a good scattering of fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (375˚F) Gas 5. Scatter the onion wedges over a sheet pan. Scatter the courgette/zucchini, aubergine/eggplant and (bell) peppers over the pan. Leave the tomatoes whole and scatter the tomatoes over. Drizzle everything with the oil, season with salt flakes, freshly ground black pepper and lots of fresh thyme leaves. Cook for 50 minutes–1 hour, turning everything halfway through the cooking time, until the vegetables are shiny and soft, and lightly charred at the edges.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve warm or at room temperature.