- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 onion
- 1 eggplant, about 8 oz/225 g
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded
- 1 large zucchini, about 6 oz/175 g
- 2–4 garlic cloves
- 2–4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp shredded fresh basil
- Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Fresh crusty bread, to serve
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Cut all the vegetables into even-size wedges, put into a roasting pan, and sprinkle over the garlic.
- Pour over 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and turn the vegetables in the oil until well coated. Add a little salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until tender, adding the extra olive oil if becoming too dry.
- Meanwhile, put the vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste into a screw-top jar and shake until blended.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven, arrange on a serving dish, and pour over the dressing. Sprinkle with the basil and serve with shavings of Parmesan cheese. Serve warm or cold with fresh crusty bread.