Lemon, wine, and herbs give this chicken its delicate flavor. Simple, yet memorable, this recipe holds its own amongst the millions of chicken recipes that exist. This classic flavor is sure to please all.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
- 6 chicken legs with thighs, skinless
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced (discard the seeds)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, olive oil, two sprigs fresh rosemary, garlic, and the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, and then transfer into a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice mixture over the chicken and toss the meat in the liquid. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Transfer the chicken into a large roasting pan; add the lemon slices and the remaining sprigs of fresh Rosemary over the chicken. Cover and roast for 40 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees, remove cover and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Turn the meat occasionally, making sure not to overcook either side.
- Remove from oven, plate and serve with your favorite side.