A good char gives this hot salsa the addictive flavors of smoke and fire.
- 6 large tomatoes
- 10 large jalapeño peppers
- 1 large white onion, peeled and halved
- 2 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tsp salt
- Tortilla chips
How to Make It
- Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Place first 4 ingredients on cooking grate. Grill, covered with grill lid, 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly charred, turning once. Remove vegetables from grill; let cool slightly. Peel garlic; remove stems and, if desired, seeds from peppers.
- Pulse vegetables, in 2 batches, in a food processor 5 times or just until chopped. Pour salsa to a large bowl; stir in salt. Serve with tortilla chips.