A recipe created by my ravenous son on a whim one afternoon. Now, of course, it is his favourite soup and none of my soups are as good as his!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2½-oz (75-g) pack diced pancetta
- 1½ stock cubes or 1½ tablespoons vegetable stock paste
- 14 oz (400 g) (drained weight) canned chickpeas (which means more than one can will be required)
How to Make It
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker. Add the ghee or butter to the pot. When melted, add the onion, carrots and pancetta. Stir for about 5 minutes until the onion is almost translucent. Add the stock cube or vegetable stock paste and a little water to deglaze the pot. Then add 750 ml/3¼ cups water and the chickpeas.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 2 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the QPR method. Use a stick blender or food processer to blend to your desired consistency, then reheat and serve.