- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, leaves cut into 2-inch strips (about 12 cups)
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
How to Make It
- Brown the sausage in 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, turning, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the carrots and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the chard; cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans, ½ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Nestle in the sausages.
- Combine the bread crumbs and remaining teaspoon of oil. Sprinkle over the sausage mixture. Transfer skillet to oven and bake at 400°F until golden, 20 to 30 minutes.