- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ pounds (750 g) ground pork sausage
- 6 ounces (150 g) pitted green olives, from can
How to Make It
- Mix pepper flakes with ground pork.
- Measure out a tablespoon of sausage at a time and press firmly into palms to flatten.
- Place olive in middle of flattened sausage and fold around the olive to create a ball. Roll the sausage around using fingers to pinch any cracks together. Repeat with remaining sausage and olives.
- Bring a frying pan to medium-high heat and place the sausage balls into the pan.
- Turn sausage about every three minutes for 15–20 minutes of cooking. They should be browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove to a clean plate, and repeat the same process for the remaining balls.
- Serve on a platter with any remaining green olives.