- 1 lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small head frisée lettuce, leaves washed and separated, or 2 cups mesclun
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or mint leaves
How to Make It
- Combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and the salt and pepper in a bowl and stir well. Add the scallops and coat them well. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the marinade. Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and sear the scallops for 2 minutes per side (4 minutes total), adding more oil if necessary. Set them aside.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Add the carrots, frisée, and shallot and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad between two dinner plates and place 3 scallops atop each salad. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.