- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 32 large shelled and deveined shrimp, defrosted if frozen
- 6 oz/175 g tomato ketchup
- 1½ tbsp grated horseradish
- 3 celery sticks, cut into ¼-inch/5-mm slices
- 1 finely grated lemon juice and zest
- salt and pepper
- iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded, to serve
- lemon wedges, to garnish
How to Make It
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Stir in the salt and lemon slices, then reduce the heat to low. Add the shrimp and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes until they are cooked through, turn pink and curl. Drain the shrimp into a large colander and immediately refresh under cold running water to stop the cooking and cool the shrimps; set aside.
- Put the ketchup, horseradish, celery and lemon zest in a bowl and stir together. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then add more juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the shrimp, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir the shrimp salad and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Divide the shredded lettuce among 4 glass bowls and spoon the salad on top. Serve at once while the salad is still chilled, with lemon wedges for squeezing over.