- 1 to 1½ lbs 452.8 to 679.2 g Cooked Chicken
- ½ Large White Onion, chopped
- 1 4 oz can (113 g) Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 15 oz can (425 g) Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 15 oz can (425 g) Black Beans
- 1 1.25 oz envelope (35 g) Taco Seasoning
- 1 15 oz can (425 g) Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 oz can (425 g) Diced Tomatoes
- 28 oz can (850 g) Mexican Hominy
- Corn chips, ranch dressing, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, and sour cream some people like to use a little guacamole, too.
How to Make It
- Chop the chicken and onion put it in the slow cooker pot.
- Drain the chopped green chilies and corn. Rinse and drain the black beans. Add these to pot.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Pour the entire can of hominy into slow cooker pot – yes, liquid included.
- Stir the ingredients until well mixed. Set slow cooker on low and heat for 4 to 6 hours. Optionally, stir the pot about every two hours.
- Once cooked turn off your slow cooker, uncover the pot, stir, and spoon into bowls. Serve and enjoy with desired toppings.