A new pretender to the raita throne is this sweet, hot, earthy number. Sunshine in a bowl.
- Yield: 4 Servings as a side
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 200 g fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 2–3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ a green finger chilli
- 250 ml full fat Greek yoghurt
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- Put the oil into a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the mustard seeds, and when the seeds pop, add the pineapple. Stir-fry for around 4 minutes, until the pineapple starts to soften and turn translucent. Then add the sugar, lemon juice, turmeric and green chilli, and cook for another minute. Take off the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Smash the pineapple with a fork so that it disintegrates and becomes juicy. Add the yoghurt and salt, then taste and adjust the sugar and salt if need be.