Eggs and salmon are a healthy breakfast combo made in heaven. They both pack a protein punch, and the nutrient-dense salmon is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and essential omega-3 fatty acids, which contribute to a healthy brain, heart and joints.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, stoned (pitted) and diced
- 4 oz (100 g) smoked salmon, chopped
- a few sprigs of parsley or chives, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a little salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan set over a medium–high heat. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the avocado, smoked salmon and parsley or chives and continue stirring for about 1 minute until the eggs are scrambled and set, and everything is warmed through.
- Remove from the heat immediately and divide the scrambled eggs between two warm serving plates. Serve with wedges of lemon.