If banana pudding and a Mexican hot chocolate made an AIP-friendly dessert love child, I’m pretty sure this is what would happen. This creamy pudding is full of good fats and doesn’t rely on any kind of “milk” product because of the avocado and is naturally sweetened by banana, so no added sugars are needed. Just to go a little over the top, I’ve added cinnamon, a pinch of salt and bacon. Because, bacon.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups (480 g) mashed banana
- ¾ cup (160 g) mashed avocado
- ¼ cup (24 g) raw carob powder
- 2½ tsp (3 g) ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1–2 slices bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut cream (optional, to serve)
- Add the banana, avocado, carob, cinnamon, ginger and salt to a blender or food processor. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the pudding between 4 ramekins or glasses and smooth the tops with the back of a spoon. Chill for 1 hour. Top the puddings with a sprinkle of bacon pieces just before serving. If you like, you can also top the puddings with some chilled coconut cream for a little extra-decadent deliciousness!