- 1 pkg Oreo cookies (crumbled)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 lg eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut parchment paper to fit onto bottom of 9” spring form pan (or use pre-cut 9” round parchment paper). Spread Crisco on bottom and sides of spring form pan; set aside. Then wrap outside of spring form pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil. To Make Crust
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies till finely crumbly. Add melted butter and pulse till moist. Pour and press onto bottom of spring form pan; set aside. To make Cheesecake Filling
- In a mixing bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add eggs (one at a time) and beat well after each addition. With a spatula, add mini chocolate chips and mix well. Pour and spread onto crust. Arrange spring form pan in a large roasting pan and then put in oven. Pour hot water into roasting pan halfway up the sides of spring form pan.
- Bake in oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or when shaken, center jiggles slightly. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. With a Viennese spatula or plastic knife, scrape around edge of spring form pan to loosen cheesecake (this will keep it from sticking to sides). Refrigerate for least 8 hours or overnight. To make Chocolate Ganache
- In double boiler, add chocolate chips and heavy cream; mix till melted and smooth. Pour and spread on top of chilled cheesecake. To make Web Icing
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and heavy cream and mix till smooth (be sure it’s not too thin. If too thick add more heavy cream little by little).
- Put icing in a pastry bag with a small tip and form a circular motion, starting in center and work your way outside. Then with a toothpick, starting in center and then pull it towards the edge of cheesecake (this will form a spider web).