Proving simplicity really can be best, this summer dessert combines sweetness, spice, and acidity in the most delicious way. Be sure to use only the best strawberries.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons superfine or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2½ cups hulled and halved strawberries
- pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- Put the sugar and vinegar in a nonmetallic bowl and stir. Add the strawberries and stir well. Let stand for at least 1 hour, but for no more than 3 hours.
- Stir again, then add extra sugar or vinegar, if desired.
- Grind some pepper over the top of the strawberries and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.