If you’re enjoying these rich, minty brownies at the end of an evening meal, pair them with a glass of good red wine. It’s a surprisingly delicious combo. You will need a 7-inch (18 cm) springform pan for this recipe.
- Yield: 12 Brownies
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons (115 g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (80 g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ⅔ cup (85 g) flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (200 g) mint chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Spray the inside of the springform pan with the cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, and salt until the mixture is well blended. Add the vanilla, peppermint extract (if using), and eggs and mix until well combined. Fold in the mint chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Position the Instant Pot steam rack in the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup (240 ml) of water. Place the batter-filled springform pan on top of the steam rack.
- Secure the lid, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to 30 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, turn the valve to the Venting position to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Remove the springform pan and blot the top of the brownie dry with a paper towel, if necessary. Cool the brownie on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Remove the rim and then the bottom of the springform pan, and transfer the brownies to a serving plate. Cut the brownie into 12 bite-size squares to serve.