- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 20.33 cups uncooked whole-grain penne or mostaccioli pasta (8 oz)
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup assorted fresh vegetables (such as red bell pepper strips, julienne carrots and 2-inch pieces fresh asparagus)
- 1 cup sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups low-fat (1%) milk
- ¼ cup dry sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or oregano leaves Sliced green onions, if desired
How to Make It
- In 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and oil, and adding frozen sugar snap peas and 1 cup assorted vegetables during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return to Dutch oven. Add squash and tomatoes; cover to keep warm.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir broth, flour and salt with whisk until smooth. Stir in milk and sherry. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, basil and thyme.
- Add herb sauce to pasta and vegetables in Dutch oven; toss gently to coat. Garnish individual servings with onions.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.