- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Spanish onion, julienned
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 1 liter Arbequina olive oil
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1⁄8” thick slices
- 2 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- 2 soft, olive oil rolls
- 4 slices jamón ibérico
How to Make It
- Warm onion and garlic in a small pot with the olive oil over medium high heat. When onions soften, about 10 minutes, add sliced potatoes and reduce heat to medium. Cook potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While potatoes are cooking, drop eggs into a pot of boiling water for 6 minutes. Remove from water and place immediately in an ice bath. Remove eggs from ice bath after 5 minutes, peel, and slice in half. Egg yolk should be slightly runny.
- Remove potatoes from heat, strain oil, and season with salt to taste.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally and toast. Top with a heaping spoonful of potatoes, half an egg, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of Arbequina olive oil. Finish with 1 slice of jamón ibérico.